Welcome to Fishtown Wellness Center

Fishtown Wellness Center helps individuals and families create, cultivate, and sustain the life they want to live.

Working Hours
Flexible appointments, offering day/evening/weekend sessions based on clinician availability
From Our Gallery



430 Belgrade St. Philadelphia, PA 19125


Evaluation & Referral (SAP) services for DOT Employees

Substance Abuse Professional (SAP) Services

Based on Federal guidelines, certain medical and mental health professionals can receive certifications as Substance Abuse Professionals or SAPs. These people provide services to people who have failed or refused drug tests at their jobs when their jobs are covered by the Department of Transportation. If you have failed a drug test and have a job in a DOT-regulated industry, you will be required to see an SAP. At Fishtown Wellness, we have the appropriate certification to provide these types of services to you.

What do SAPs do?

SAPs evaluate workers who have violated drug and alcohol rules in their DOT-regulated jobs. After they complete their evaluations, the SAPS will then make recommendations for drug and alcohol education, treatment, substance abuse monitoring, and ongoing care needs. An SAP serves to monitor the process.

Substance abuse professionals play a large role in determining whether an employer can allow the worker to drive a school bus or commercial truck, fly a plane, or control a train or subway. Because of the roles that an SAP has, he or she has a large amount of responsibility for public safety. When you are sent to a substance abuse professional, he or she will be able to report whether you have complied with your program and the recommendations that you were given.

What happens if you refuse to submit to a DOT alcohol or drug test?

If you work in an industry that is regulated by the Department of Transportation, you must submit to a DOT alcohol or drug test when you are asked to do so. If you refuse to take the test, you will be removed from your position until you complete the process to return to work. You will be required to see a certified substance abuse professional and to follow the recommendations that you are given. Refusing to take a DOT alcohol or drug test may also make it harder for you to find a different job. Your drug and alcohol tests will have to be observed, and you will be responsible for paying for them. Finally, your license, certificate, authorization, and rating might be suspended, revoked, or restricted.

Requirements for receiving credentials to act as an SAP


Contact Us

Scheduling an appointment with a substance abuse professional near me

If you have been directed to meet with an SAP, the Fishtown Wellness Center offers these services. You can call our office to schedule your initial evaluation. After you have completed your assessment, we will identify your level of substance abuse to make recommendations about your need for education and treatment. Contact us today to schedule your appointment by calling us or by filling out our online contact form.